Re: VB -> ODBC -> Oracle 7 = Can't Update ?

From: Anton Dischner <dischner_at_med.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 15:15:59 +0100

In article <36co7m$8jc_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>, holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu (Richard D Holowczak) wrote:

Do you have an unique index on your tables ? If not create one in SQL-Plus.

create unique index <index-name> on <table-name> (<whatever fields are unique>);

Regards,

Toni

> Hi folks. Please give me a hand in the following.
>
> The setup is:

> The problem we are having is we can query tables
> and call up the records using the supplied VISDATA program.
> We are not able to update any data nor can we
> add new records. We are able to create and drop
> tables.
>
> The properties for both the database and the any
> table have "Updateable=True". Only the records
> have "Updateable=False" for each record.
>
> From what I understand (which is not much for VB),
> VB obtains these particular properties from either
> the ODBC driver or some related database driver.
>
> We are able to update values and add records
> using the MS-Query tool that comes with
> Miscrosoft Office.
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Rich Holowczak
> Rutgers University
> holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu

| Anton Dischner, DBA and system-programmer    Phone: +49 89 70953202|
| Institut fuer Klinische Chemie               Fax  : +49 89 70958888|
| Klinikum Grosshadern                         Home : +49 89 6254060 |
| Ludwig Maximilians Universitaet Muenchen     Handy: +49 172 8388880|
| 81366 Muenchen                                                     |
| Marchioninistr. 15                                                 |
| Germany                          Mail: dischner_at_med.uni-muenchen.de|