Re: Username Prompt in SQLLoader

From: Carolyn Binder <cbinder_at_crl.com>
Date: 28 Sep 1994 09:17:42 -0700

tompenn_at_info.census.gov (Thomas Pennington) writes:

>Has anyone determined how to get rid of or bypass the
>annoying username prompt from Sqlplus, export, import,
>or sqlloader??. The accounts which execute these are
>defined as OS authentication in the database so that
>we do not have to put the username/password in the
>command files, but the processes HAVE to run in a
>"batch" or unattended mode: ie, cron starts a job to
>load a new file into the database at 4:00 am, and it
>stalls then dies at the USERNAME prompt. Also, if the
>database authentication is at the OS level, why does
>the prompt even come up??. Any help would be GREATLY
>appreciated. Thanks,

Tom: it would be helpful to see an example of one of your command lines. For example, one of our scripts which run in cron invokes SQL*Plus as follows:

sqlplus -s / _at_filename

where filename is the file of SQL commands. This should work with the OS level password authentication. (Famous last words, I know...)

CKB. Received on Wed Sep 28 1994 - 17:17:42 CET

Original text of this message