Application User Profile

From: Pat Lankswert <pcl_at_thepoint.com>
Date: 17 Sep 1994 13:27:42 GMT

I'm building an application for a client that contains sensitive information in PowerBuilder. The information in the application is accessible to the user but not printable. How do I restrict access to this sensitive data using ad hoc query tools? We are using Oracle's security for user access control. I have heard that Oracle has something call application user profiles for application specific user security, but it was only available with Oracle tools. Can I tap this resource?

Pat

Pat Lankswert \ Home: (502)499-2129 EAS Technologies \ Work: (502)473-1000 Louisville, KY, USA \ INET: pcl_at_thepoint.com Panicking!?! I'm not panicking. I'm always like this! Received on Sat Sep 17 1994 - 15:27:42 CEST

Original text of this message