Re: European characters

From: Leo Mannhart <mannhart_at_zuv.unizh.ch>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 1994 17:06:41 GMT

In article <Cw86rx.4Fp_at_eunet.ch>, dcenteno_at_slab.lysis.ch (D. Centeno) wrote:

> hi,
>
> I experience some problems with european characters and Oracle.
> What i insert from a NeXT with dbkit or telnet terminal is not what
> retrieve with another computer or terminal.
>
> Can anybody help me
>
> Thanks in advance

Then you have probably not set the NLS_LANG env variable. If I set this env var I can insert data from my sun in a shelltool (resource file sun:sun) and rlogin into the database on a RS/6000 (AIX), update the data from a vt220 terminal, look at it with telnet from my mac and every time all characters are correct (and this is always the first I check).

Hope this helps
LM

--
Leo Mannhart