SQL/NET SPX 2.0 Beta OS/2 Problem

From: Mark Butler <mdb0980_at_u.cc.utah.edu>
Date: 10 Sep 1994 11:13:24 -0600

I have a problem with SQL/NET 2.0 Beta for OS/2. I am using it on a server that is installed with Novell networking drivers. I set up the LISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA files as close to the examples in the book as possible, started up the lsncrtl process successfully, and then tried to connect using SQL/DBA on another machine.

I get an error message like "TNS listener refused to bequeath connection." The log files contain error codes (12547,etc.) that say that the communications partner mysteriously dissapeared.

I increased the timeout, to no avail.

Has anyone has this problem before?

  • Mark.
--
Mark David Butler        (Mark.Butler _at_ m.cc.utah.edu)

America Held Hostage - Day 598.  862 days left.