Re: Oracle Transparent Gateway DB2

From: <jl34778_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 9 Sep 94 21:34:43 EST

In article <CvvorD.4tD_at_cuug.ab.ca>, kassama_at_cuug.ab.ca (Anwar Kassam) writes:
> Has anyone used Oracle's Transparent Gateway to make DB2 a server in
> a Client / Server Environmet. If you have I would like to know how it
> works. Thanks.
> kassama_at_cuug.ab.ca

I would also like to know about it. We are currently using SQL*Connect for DB2, which allows this. We are looking at what it will take to move to the Transparent Gateway. Everything that I have read about the transparent gateways say that they require an ORACLE7 database to sit between any client and DB2.

--
Bob Swisshelm                | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com     | 317 276 5472
Eli Lilly and Company        | Lilly Corporate Center  | Indianapolis, IN 46285