Re: Broadcast Messages to Oracle Clients

From: <stowe_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 94 00:32:37 PDT

> Would anyone know of a way to send broadcast messages to Oracle
> clients running Forms or SQL+. The server is running Oracle 7.0 &
> AIX 3.2.5, and client workstations are spread out over a large
> geographical area so that the need for emergency broadcasts to the
> clients will be a factor. Thank you for your help.

If you are referring to asynchronous message from the database to a client, I do not know of any. However, this can be emulated at the application level by polling a table designed for that purpose...

Michael Stowe
Constellation Engineering Received on Sat Sep 03 1994 - 09:32:37 CEST

Original text of this message