Forms 4 .fmt file

From: wu litao <litao_at_CS.ColoState.EDU>
Date: 2 Sep 1994 22:08:02 GMT

Hi,

I have two simple questions regarding to upgrading to Forms 4 from Forms 4.

  1. Some triggers have been renamed, but I still have them in .fmt file which is from .fmb file which are upgraded from Forms 3. I am supposed to get new trigger names. Such as trigger key-nxtfld of V 3 has been renamed key-next-item, but it still appears in .fmt file. Why? I know that it does change name to key-next-item when I look at it from trigger property of .fmb module. But I think that .fmt should be Forms 4 text file instead of Form 3 text file. Are you agree with me?
  2. Built-in routine, call, still appears in both .fmb and .fmt files. Does it mean that all Form 3 built-in routine are still valid in Form 4? If so, what is the difference between call and call_form?

Any good explanation?

Please email me if/when possible since I seldom to read news.

Thanks a lot in advance!

--
Litao Wu
Computer Science Department    Phone: (303)543-0204