Does "Audit BY SESSION" work?

From: p00775 <p00775_at_psilink.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 94 16:48:15 -0500

I'm experimenting with Oracle Auditing, and am finding that auditing object access BY SESSION doesn't do what I expected.

I have an table DAVE.TEST2.
I do AUDIT SELECT on DAVE.TEST2 by SESSION;

The documentation indicates that the audit trail should contain a single audit row for each operation type by any session. So if someone does three selects and one insert from/to the table during their session, I should only see two audit trail rows, one for the select operations, and one for the insert operation.

What I'm seeing is four unique rows - one for each transaction - exactly what I would expect if the audit was BY ACCESS.

Has anyone else seen this? Is this a bug? Is it specific to certain platforms? I'm running on AXP/VMS 1.2 using Oracle 7.0.13.1

                                Thanx in advance,

					Dave Trahan
					BrainTree Technology, Inc.
					p00775_at_psilink.com