Re: HELP: dropping users in V 6.0

From: Carl Gohringer <cgohring_at_lucifer>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 1994 08:40:47 GMT

bichler_at_merkur (Peter Bichler) writes:
: Hello!
:
: From the discussion about dropping users in ORACLE
: I know that there is no appropriate command in V. 5 or V. 6!
:
: I some more question concerning this topic:
: Is there any way to get rid of a user?
: (after revoking all of his rights)?
: If so, what is the propper way?
:
: Especially, what happens if the user's entry
: in 'all_users' is simply deleted? Any side effects?
:
: Any hints are welcome!
:

There is no way in v5 or v6 to actually remove a user from the Online Dictionary. The best you are going to do is revoke all access from the user.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU UPDATE THE ONLINE DICTIONARY! regards,
Carl

Carl Gohringer,
Oracle UK, The Oracle Centre, The Ring, Bracknell, Berkshire, England, RG121BW Internet : cgohring_at_uk.oracle.com