Re: Update SQL*Forms 3 - SQL*Forms 4

From: Al the Pal <akgriggs_at_xmission.com>
Date: 27 Aug 1994 21:42:54 GMT

In article <1994Aug26.080138.10669_at_lts.sel.alcatel.de>, rschmitt_at_us-es.sel.de (Roland Schmitt-Hartmann US/ENB 60/1/86 #9106) says:

>Hi, everybody!
>
>Can anybody summarize the major differences between SQL*Forms Release 3 and
>Release 4? I need to use SQL*Forms Rel. 4 some time in the future, and only
>have documentation for rel. 3.
>
>Is it worth while getting to know SQL*Forms by using the rel. 3 documentation
>or are the differences to big, so that I would have to start from scratch as
>soon as I get the rel. 4 documentation?

Based on what I have seen at users conferences and demos at my shop, if you don't already know Forms 3.0, don't bother, the design interface is a complete rework from 3.0 to 4.0. Also, I didn't see any mention of your platform. Unless you "got" to develope on Ver. 3.0 in bitmap, you probably would only see the character based mode of 3.0, in which case, again, no question -- stay away from 3.0.

Hope that helps.

akgriggs_at_xmission.com       ||                                                                     ||
  Layton, UT.                           ||   TAXES:  Governments way of saying:   ||
                                                ||           You get what you pay for.                ||