Oracle 7.1 on AIX?

From: Craig J. Fischer <cfischer_at_trantor.win.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 1994 00:48:54 GMT

I am a DBA of a 6.0.37 database on AIX. The (third-party) application we run has just recently started supporting Oracle 7. Having used Oracle 7 previously, I am quite eager to leave version 6 behind!

My question is this: is anyone currently running 7.1 on AIX? I'd like to skip 7.0, if possible, to reduce the number of upgrades I'll need to do. Both our application vendor (who doesn't even have 7.1 on AIX yet, although it's on order) and Oracle recommend going straight to 7.1, but I'd like some independent feedback from anyone currently running 7.1 on AIX. Info such as: stability, performance, incompatibilities, usefulness of new features, etc.

I will summarize all responses to the net; please respond either to the net or to my address below.

Thanks in advance,
Craig Fischer
cfischer_at_trantor.win.net   Received on Thu Aug 25 1994 - 02:48:54 CEST

Original text of this message