Re: Threadsafe and Proc

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_wwsun10.us.oracle.com>
Date: 23 Aug 1994 17:36:40 GMT

In article <33d14i$546_at_meaddata.meaddata.com>, musgse_at_meaddata.com (Steve Musgrave) writes:
|> I am writing an C++ program using embedded sql that needs to be thread safe
|> and therefore I cannot have global variables.
|>
|> Unfortunately, the proc compiler is slapping global vars
|> into the generated file.
|>
|> Does anyone have any suggestions for working around this problem?
|>
|> --
|> * Steve Musgrave (musgse_at_meaddata.com) *
|> * I want to live as an honest man, to get all I deserve and to *
|> * give all I can, and to love a young woman I don't understand. *
|> * Suzanne Vega's "The Queen and the Soldier" *

Not a simple problem. We don't officially support embedding SQL in C++ programs, for reasons such as this. The best solution to this (besides editing the output of the precompiler) is to use OCI. Or perhaps put your database access into separate C routines that you call from C++ (which is supported). Received on Tue Aug 23 1994 - 19:36:40 CEST

Original text of this message