Re: SQL*Plus via Client Server - Slow Performance!

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 22 Aug 94 20:26:30 GMT

derwin_at_mach2.wlu.ca (Daryl Erwin) writes:

>This may be a windows related problem but...

> When accessing sql*plus via windows the scroll rate is unbearably slow.
>When using DOS tools performance is superb. Is there any windows related
>settings/parameters to be concerned with? What about video drivers?
>Is the "bug" fix of Windows 3.11(?) of any concern here?

  I think the trouble is in the Windows SQL*Plus version.   Specifically, the code that writes to the screen.

  I've found that if you make the window size smaller,   the scroll rate is much faster.

  On a 21" screen in hi-rez mode, scrolling takes forever.   But if I shrink the SQL*Plus to about 10 lines,   it cranks.

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Mon Aug 22 1994 - 22:26:30 CEST

Original text of this message