Re: Setting maximum rows to be selected

From: Anne Logston <logston_at_indy.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 1994 02:23:57 GMT

I don't know if this will do exactly what you are wanting, but can you use the Retrieve as Needed option in the datawindow? This wont absolutely restrict the query to 20 rows, but it will stop reading rows from the server when it fills the displayable area in the datawindow.

And, this has the added feature that the user can scroll down to see the entire list if they want to, or just stop at the first window-full. The retrieve as needed, of course, assumes that you have the query returning the rows in the desired order.

Otherwise, I'd look at an embedded SQL query and a data window with an external source.

HTH,
Paul Logston
logston_at_indy.net Received on Sat Aug 20 1994 - 04:23:57 CEST

Original text of this message