Defrag SYSTEM tablespace?

From: Craig J. Fischer <cfischer_at_trantor.win.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 01:26:38 GMT

Hello, all...

Could someone tell me how to defragment the SYSTEM tablespace? We're running 6.0.37 (V7 is coming soon!). SYSTEM keeps expanding, and I hate to keep adding extents when there's lots of free space, just not a lot of contiguous space.

I've exported and imported other tablespaces to defragment them, but I'm not sure how that would work with SYSTEM.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated. We're not really short on disk space, but I'd like to use it more effectively.

Thanks in advance,
Craig

cfischer_at_trantor.win.net Received on Wed Aug 17 1994 - 03:26:38 CEST

Original text of this message