Severe crash: Version 7 on Bull DPX 2

From: Keith Leng <Keith_at_keithl.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 1994 19:42:44 +0000

We're in the process of migrating to version 7. Testing is currently halted pending the fix of a severe bug. When running a Forms3 application, as soon as the user hits a key to overwrite a character in a row that has been retrieved into the form, the whole machine hangs. The only solution is to dump the machine and reboot.

The problem also manifests itself when selecting any option from a pull-down menu in menu5. Oracle and Bull have both been unable to solve the problem. The system dump is currently with Bull's Oracle people in France.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any suggestions?

My initial thought was that it must be something to do with the locking mechanism as Oracle locks a row as soon as any character is overwritten. But now that we've found the problem in Menu as well, I'm not so sure.

Regards,

Keith Leng Received on Sun Aug 14 1994 - 21:42:44 CEST

Original text of this message