Connecting to MS Access 2.0 from OCI??

From: Edward Sullivan <es70_at_namaste.cc.columbia.edu>
Date: 10 Aug 1994 02:21:00 GMT

I know that I can write a PC application in one of many tools (Visual Basic, C++, Access, etc) and open a cursor to Oracle using ODBC (or native drivers) and open a connection to MS Access 2.0, allowing me to copy data from one DBMS to the other.

My question is can I do a similar thing in a C program running under UNIX using OCI or just SQL*PLUS? I need this UNIX based program to connect to both the UNIX Oracle database and a PC based MS Access database and move some data. Any suggestions? Any third party products? I could install Oracle Client on the PC, would that help?

Thanks,
Ed Received on Wed Aug 10 1994 - 04:21:00 CEST

Original text of this message