Visual-Basic Pass thru SQL

From: Peter Gross <peter_at_bhcnt.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 1994 15:52:45 +0000

I hope this is the right place to ask this.

My colleague is trying to send an SQL statement through to Oracle (v6) from his VB application to update a row.

This returns an error.

It appears that if the SQL is returning some type of output it is ok (ie any 'select' statements), but fails if nothing is returned.

We are not sure if this is a to do with his Oracle account or his VB application.

Has anyone any ideas ?

BTW, If this is in the wrong group please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in Advance.

BTW, the ideas, suggestions, jokes, fantasies, complaints, comments, critiscms, cautions, insults, observations, diagrams, scripts, sarcastic comments, stories, programs, and thoughts shown in the text above are mine and mine alone, and are _not_ those of my employer or anyone else for that matter (unless I say otherwise ;-).

Peter Gross, UNIX Systems Manager, Brighton Health Care NHS Trust, UK Received on Mon Aug 08 1994 - 17:52:45 CEST

Original text of this message