Re: Forms 4.0 Format mask suck!

From: JamesF5088 <jamesf5088_at_aol.com>
Date: 6 Aug 1994 10:43:04 -0400

In article <31qrv1$f5c_at_hk.super.net>, kenho_at_HK.Super.NET (Mr Wai Kin Ho) writes:

>I am developing application using Forms 4.0 under MS Windows. I have
>experienced the following problem:

>I have applied a format mask to a non base table numeric text item. The
>format mask is 9,999,999.099. When I navigate to this text item, the
>whole item will be BLANKED by the cursor and I can't see the figure
>underneath!

>However, when I apply the same format mask to the base table numeric
>item, and when I navigate to this text item, it is not get blank by the
>cursor.

>Is it a bug?

You can change the non-database text item's default attributes by going to it's property sheet and clicking on the Text attributes icon. On the attributes sheet you have a wide range of options regarding the display of this field.

No, it is not a bug. Database fields and non-database fields display differently as the default. However, as stated above, you can change these and every other item to any foreground/background/font/size/color you find most appropriate.

Hope this helps.
Jim Freeman

CACI Sr. Systems Analyst
Dept. of Justice, Antitrust Division
Washington, D.C. Received on Sat Aug 06 1994 - 16:43:04 CEST

Original text of this message