Automatic Integrity Checks

From: Steve Gerard <sjg_at_qdot.qld.gov.au>
Date: 3 Aug 1994 04:36:25 GMT

I am posting this on behalf of a colleague investigating methods to automate integrity checks using Dictionary constraints as the starting point. (Oracle 6.0.37)

We are developing under V6 with a view to eventual V7 migration. The plan is to produce a working system under V6 and take advantage of V7 features like enabled constraints later. Under V6 we need to generate code to detect and highlight records which violate constraints, and store the error rec id's in an exception table (a la V7). The script generated would be run against numerous production instances as required.

So the question is - does your site have systems/techniques to read dictionary constraint information, and generate the code to detect constraint violations. If so, can you send us the code ?!?

Regards

Stephen Gerard
C/ - Queensland Transport

sjg_at_avalon.qdot.qld.gov.au

<<< My thoughts and opinions only, ... etc >>> Received on Wed Aug 03 1994 - 06:36:25 CEST

Original text of this message