Re: ORA-01405: fetched column value is NULL

From: Michael Sallwasser <msallwas_at_world.nad.northrop.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 21:38:35 GMT

In article <1994Jul28.181547.15433_at_rossinc.com> davidmo_at_rossinc.com (David Moore) writes:
>I have a program that returns the above error. Assuming I don't have the
>the source, what would be the easiest way to determine which table/row/column
>is NULL??

I am not positive I understand the comment, "I don't have the source" although I guess you mean the SQL statement. But here goes.

SELECT ROWID
FROM one_of_your_tables
WHERE a_column IS NULL.

Repeat the above for every column in every table. This will give you the rowid and you could use that to delete the offending rows, if desired.

You could also try the following:

DELETE FROM one-of-your-tables

WHERE column_1 IS NULL
   OR column_2 IS NULL
   OR column_3 IS NULL ...

Since you have RTFM, I can only assume I do not understand the original question, or that you are a novice and RTFM is not a guarantee to UTFM (U = Understanding).

Hope this helps :-)

Michael Sallwasser  | Down one path is utter dispair and hopelessness. Down
Northrop Grumman    | the other is total destruction. Let us choose wisely.