Re: Role scripts needed

From: JamesF5088 <jamesf5088_at_aol.com>
Date: 1 Aug 1994 20:34:03 -0400

In article <1994Aug1.152344.1931_at_vitro.com>, iuliano_at_vitro.com (Michael Iuliano) writes:

>Anyone have some scripts or info for creating roles. I'm looking for a
 set
>of roles to implement and don't know where to start. I'd like to take and
>modify the default roles and add my own to give the database a variety of
>priviledges. Any advice is appreciated.

Michael-
at sqlplus prompt:
connect table_owner/table_owner_password; create role role_name;
grant select, insert, update, delete on table_name to role_name;

connect user/user_password;
set role role_name;

   or in Oracle Forms trigger NEW-FORMS-INSTANCE      DBMS.SET_ROLE(role_name);

Doing it in Oracle Forms ensures only those people who have sucessfully signed on to your application will have the role enabled.

Jim Freeman Received on Tue Aug 02 1994 - 02:34:03 CEST

Original text of this message