Re: Changing ownership of tables

From: Amit Gupta <amit_at_churchill.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 1994 13:29:46 GMT

Boris Yazlovitsky (boris_at_sardaukar.amd.com) wrote:

: Hello,
: We are in the process of reorganizing the administration
: of our database, and need some tables to change owners. Is there
: any quick way to do it besides copying the table as the other user?

: (for example, if I wanted to make the table john.data to be owned
: by paul, I'd log in as paul, create paul.data as select * from john.data,
: and then remove john.data as john (or sys). It seems there should
: be a subtler way).

: Boris

Hi,

Sorry there is no other way !!

Amit

--
    Amit Gupta                        churchill        Tel: +44 81 313 5688