NLS support through database links

From: Brad Rust <rust_at_io.nosc.mil>
Date: 28 Jul 1994 17:35:25 GMT

I am having trouble seleting data from an alternate character set database through a database link.

I created two databases (one with character set of Korean, the other us7ascii). In the US database, I create a link to a table in the Korean database.

Does ORACLE convert the data selected into the character set of the selectee? I want to select * from ktable_at_kdatabase. I think ORACLE is casting the data to us7ascii before it displays it. Is there any way around this?

Thanks,
Brad
(rust_at_nosc.mil) Received on Thu Jul 28 1994 - 19:35:25 CEST

Original text of this message