Re: Forms 4.0 List of Values question

From: Ramesh <rkrishna_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 27 Jul 1994 16:51:17 GMT

In article <315n0o$nt8_at_news-feed-1.PeachNet.EDU> John Morgan <John_Morgan_at_OIT.PeachNet.EDU> writes:
>Question: I am trying to create a button to perform the List_Values
>function for my form.
>
>Problem: If I create a field with an associated LOV, then create a button
>with a trigger that
> simply has List_Values as the trigger text, it won't work!
>Why? Because once the
> operator clicks on the button, the text field no longer has
>the focus, and there is no
> associated LOV!!
>
>Anyone with a workaround? I would like to have one button for the form to
>perform List_values function. I could capture which field I just came
>from, reset to this field with GO_ITEM, then perform the LOV, but this
>will fire any When_Validate_Item triggers .
>
>Any Ideas out there??

  First, make the button item as mouse navigate off. This would retain the   last block and item name from which the navigation to the button took place.   Now , there are two ways of doing this.   Either ,

  1. simply say List_Values and this would bring up the corresponding LOV or
  2. eclare my_lov_name varchar2(30); ret_value boolean; my_lov_name := Get_Item_property(:system.cursor_item,LOV_NAME); ret_value := Show_lov(my_lov_name);

The second option is suggested as the ret_value would return TRUE or FALSE depending upon whether the operator chose a value or not

Hope this helps

Ramesh Krishnamurthy    Received on Wed Jul 27 1994 - 18:51:17 CEST

Original text of this message