User Exit: Cannot insert into table IAPXTB?

From: Li-lan Fu <lfust2+_at_pitt.edu>
Date: 26 Jul 1994 23:48:22 GMT

Greetings Everyone,

My system:

	OS/2 2.1
	Forms 3.0
	ORACLE RDBMS 7.0.16.X
	Pro*C 1.5
	IBM C Set++ 2.1

My question:

The problem occured when I try to create USER EXITS. According to the Forms manual, I should create an entry in a table called IAPXTB. So I tried. I ran the form "GENXTB" and got a simple look form with some columns, NAME, TYPE,... Without knowing too much about the syntex of each entry, I tried to fill them up to the best of my knowledge. Such as "myexist" for NAME, "C" for TYPE... then commit. I got an error message saying CANNOT INSERT RECORD.
Then I found out that I may not have the table at all (Tried SELECT * FROM IAPXTB, tried to look at some tables in the data dictionary as a DBA. But no dice).

Next, I began wondering if GENXTAB.EXE will give me the table. I ran the program, got a message saying that it is not a OS/2 program. I was desperate enough to try it under a DOS box, DOS did not like it either.

Finally, I called ORACLE the guy answered the phone told me to run a SQL script (Sorry, I forgot the script's name). After I told him that don't have the script he said "you have to upgrade to FORMS 4.0".

Honestly, I would love to upgrade but my boss said we don't have the money. Dose this mean FORGET ABOUT USER EXITS?

Thanks Received on Wed Jul 27 1994 - 01:48:22 CEST

Original text of this message