ORA-03114 why?

From: Michael Greenberg <michael_at_mapat%mcil.comm.mot.com>
Date: 25 Jul 1994 04:04:12 GMT

Our environment is configured as client/server using HP-UX computers running Oracle 6.0.36. The server is running HP-UX 9.04 and the client is running HP-UX 8.

Our users occasionally receive a message ORA-03114 and are then disconnected from the database server.

Error ORA-03114 translates to "not connected to ORACLE".

Our local Oracle support claim that this is caused by a lack of an HP-UX resource. However we are unsure about which resource is lacking and which computer has the shortage.

Can anyone explain why we are receiving the ORA-03114 message, and how it can be prevented?

Thanks in advance,
Michael
(michael_at_mcil.comm.mot.com) Received on Mon Jul 25 1994 - 06:04:12 CEST

Original text of this message