HELP: How to retrieve multiple rows using Cursor EFFICIENTLY??

From: Paul Chuang <pyc_at_psycfrnd.interaccess.com>
Date: 19 Jul 94 22:38:46 GMT

Hi All,

I need to write an ESQL routine which will retrieve one or more rows, and pass back the calling routine the number of rows and the address of the first record (assuming both routines know the data type of this first record).

I have Oracle 7 Server and Pro*C version 1.5.

The problem is the Pro*C precompiler does not support the host variable of type struct. So I was not able to define a pointer which points to row struct ... and malloc the space dynamicaly. I have done this using Informix.

I could do it with static 2 dimensional array but it will be very inefficient.

I appreciate any help and comments. Please email to me directly.

Thanks.

Paul Received on Wed Jul 20 1994 - 00:38:46 CEST

Original text of this message