Trigger/Stored Procedure Prob

From: <khuguley_at_casi.sti.nasa.gov>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 1994 21:19:42 GMT

I am having a problem with a trigger that calls a stored procedure. This is what happens: A "before" trigger calls a stored procedure to check other tables. The stored procedure encounters an exception and raises it. It then terminates immediately and returns control to the trigger (so far so good!). The trigger seems to also terminate immediately, but the initial triggering statement is not rolled back because some of the data in the triggered table is updated! What is happening? I thought all processing would be rolled back by the failing procedure/trigger. I'm certain that I must be constructing something incorrectly - but I can't figure what it is. More details can be provided if needed. I would really appreciate any insights into my situation!

Thanks.
K.Huguley
NASA Center for Aerospace Information Received on Sat Jul 16 1994 - 23:19:42 CEST

Original text of this message