Help! Pls

From: W. Y. Wong <wongwy_at_eecg.toronto.edu>
Date: 13 Jul 94 12:24:12 GMT

Hi there, I am new to this news group and I have a few simple questions about Oracle:

  1. Does Oracle7 Server for Netware allow multiple instances of databases to be start-up at the same time ? And how do I get them started ? (I tried that a few times and kept getting error message telling me to shut-down first)
  2. If the answer for the above question is yes, can I as a user find up the database names of the current running instances before logging on to a particular one? (I have Pro*C, can I write a program for this task)

Any pointer will be greatly appreciated. Finally, I would like to know where can I get the faq for this news group.
Thanx.                                Received on Wed Jul 13 1994 - 14:24:12 CEST

Original text of this message