Re: Oracle Glue?

From: Elizabeth.Fitzpatrick <eliz_at_churchill.ColumbiaSC.NCR.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 1994 12:22:09 GMT

In article <jimCsoxq2.Hv0_at_netcom.com> jim_at_netcom.com (James P. Gonzales) writes:
>Has anyone here had any experience with the Oracle Glue product?
>I am about to do some programming with Visual Basic 3.0 interfacing
>with an Oracle 7 server under AIX. From what the documentation
>shows, it seems that the Glue product provides the same functionality
>of ODBC. Anyone know if one is better than the other?
>
>Thanks
>--
>James P. Gonzales
>jim_at_netcom.com

Our sales rep. assures us that performance will be increased 10X up to 100X using Oracle Glue rather than ODBC. I have seen some timing results from another location within my company that proved this point, but we have not as yet added the Oracle Glue calls to our Visual Basic application.

I would be interested in hearing comments, experiences from those who have used it, too.

--
Elizabeth Fitzpatrick			(803) 939-6520
Process & Information Engineering	elizabeth.fitzpatrick_at_ColumbiaSC.NCR.COM