Re: HELP:How to get list of tables in a database in Oracle?

From: David N McCann <cs91dnm_at_brunel.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 1994 12:00:39 GMT

In article <2vn3kh$1vl_at_news.icaen.uiowa.edu> bhaskar_at_icaen.uiowa.edu (Bhaskar Venkata Cholasamudram) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I am using oracle v 6.0.14. When I go into sqlplus, there is a command
>to create example tables. How do I get a list of tables that exist in a
>after I connect to that database?

I use :-

Select * from cat;

OR

Select * from tab; When I need the Cluster Info.

These commands only list your own tables though. You may have access to more tables, see postings elsewhere on this thread for how to list them.

--
			David McCann

Computer Science Yr3                   Faculty Rep: All Comp.Sci Undergrads
Students Union Court Member (elect)    Board of Studies Rep: Comp.Sci 3
Tel: 0956 237670 (any time)            Student Council Rep: Comp.Sci