Re: Using structures as host variable in Pro*C

From: Tim Smith <tssmith_at_netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 1994 01:36:19 GMT

badella_at_polec1.polito.it (enrico badella (L.R.)) writes:

>I'm converting a embedded C program that used to run on Ingres to Oracle.
>This app uses a incredible quantity of structures as host variables in
>order to map RDBMS tables to C data. I'm almost desparate because in
>all the Oracle PRO*C manuals I have (Programmer's Guide v1.5 and PRO*C
>User's Guide v1.1) there never is a reference to using structures as
>host variables, only primitive types. When I try to compile my app the
>precompiler failes miserably. I'm using Oracle 7 on Solaris 2.1 for Intel.

You need Pro*C Version 2.0 or 2.1 (2.0 is production on many platforms, 2.1 is in beta). Both support structs as host variables. 2.1 is truly compatible with C++ compilers. So is 1.6, with some massaging of the output. 2.0 is not C++ friendly.

--Tim (tssmith_at_netcom.com) (tssmith_at_oracle.com) Received on Tue Jul 05 1994 - 03:36:19 CEST

Original text of this message