Re: dynamic formulas

From: Glenn Nicholas <Glenn_at_wplace.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 12:46:48 +0000

Perhaps have a look at the Forms_DDL built-in in Forms 4.0.12. This will allow dynamic SQL within Forms. It is documented in the release notes.

In article <brynyCs9zt3.Fzr_at_netcom.com>

           bryny_at_netcom.com "Robert Eskridge" writes:

:"a friend" was given a requirement to allow brokers to enter homebrew
:formulas into a table column in a master table and then use these formulas
:to compute rankings based on data in other tables.
:
:So far the only thing my friend has gotten to work is to use a select to
:build another SQL statement. This has worked with SQLPlus writing it the
:new select statement to a file and executing it, and with Pro*C evaluating
:it and creating a dynamic SQL statement.
:
:Is there a more elegant solution that I am missing that would be more
:applicable to all Oracle tools?

--
Glenn Nicholas, Concept             |   Internet: Glenn_at_wplace.demon.co.uk
Ph: +44 908 221313                  | Compuserve: 100070,3562