Oraterm and a good keyboard layout

From: John Kelly <jckelly_at_netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 03:27:25 GMT

Sigh, I've been asked to remap the keys used by Oracle to make them more 'logical' for sun type 4 and type 5 keyboards in both shelltool and xterm. The customer also has VT220 emulators running on Sun in globalview :( The customer is using Oracle 6.036 and Forms 3.0.

Are there any suggestion on how you have changed the oracle function key layout to make it more effective, easier to use and more goof proof? I've given thought to mapping all of the block keys together for instance and seperating the select/accepts functions so that a user doesn't accidently do the wrong think. Any thoughts or examples would be appreciated. I will post a summary of the design if requested. Thanks in advance.

--
John C. Kelly  Home:   jckelly_at_netcom.com
DISCLAIMER: I speak for me.  Only.  "Change is inevitable. Growth is optional."