Question re: NLS support with Oracle 7

From: Carole Turney <carolet_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 1994 00:16:01 GMT

Since I haven't had much luck getting this kind of info from the Oracle sales folk, maybe somebody's tried to do this..

I need to add NLS (ANational Langualge Support) support to an existing Oracle db for Korean text, and later add Japanese, Thai, et l.

I'm more familiar with sybase than oracle, but I've been told Oracle supports a raw data type; so the question is, can I input (on Sun Solaris/SunOS) korean into a new table in an existing database and read it back (through OCI or ProC calls) and display it in Motif (1.2) textfields?

Any info greatly appreciated..

thanks in advance,
Carole Turney
turney_at_nosc.mil, or carolet_at_netcom.com Received on Sat Jul 02 1994 - 02:16:01 CEST

Original text of this message