Re: Loading data into a table from the file

From: Bill Manry - IBM SBU <bmanry_at_130.35.1.6>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 1994 16:45:25 GMT

Sudhir Giroti (giroti_at_ksr.com) wrote:
: Use the import command. [also see export].

: Semyon Basin (sb63_at_namaste.cc.columbia.edu) wrote:
: : I have a newbie question.
: : Since I do not know where the FAQ is, could you please help me.
: : How do I load data into a table directly from a disk file?
: : I know a little bit of INGRES and they have something like this:
: : COPY table FROM 'disk_file';
: : Thanx in advance.

Use SQL*Loader (sqlload) to load a table from an existing disk file. Import can only load files created with export (i.e. previously-existing table data).

/b

Bill Manry            <disclaimer>                       BManry_at_us.oracle.com