Re: Where is HELP in sqlplus ?

From: Wade Warrens <wade_at_tis.llnl.gov>
Date: 1 Jul 1994 20:58:36 GMT

In article <2und5d$v73_at_muddy.huber.com> edtwm_at_huber.com (Tim McCollum) writes:
>SQL*Plus help is an installation option. The only help does not exist is
>because the person that installed the database chose not to load the help
>text. My advice would be to contact your DBA and ask him/her to install the
>help for you. The scripts to do this are in the $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin/help
>directory. There are sqlplus scripts and sql*loader scripts that will need to
>be run.
>
>Tim McCollum
>Oracle Services
>Iselin NJ

With Oracle 7.0.16.4.0 under SunOS 4.1.3, customer support told me to:

setenv SYSTEM_PASS system/whatever
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/helpins

It installed all our help files by calling sqlldr 3 or 4 sqlldr times. Worked fine, although I'd much prefer to keep the system password out of my environment.

--wade
wade_at_tis.llnl.gov Received on Fri Jul 01 1994 - 22:58:36 CEST

Original text of this message