Re: core dump in forms30

From: Jodi J. Showers <jshowers_at_cmi.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 1994 13:53:32 GMT

In article <32512_at_uswnvg.uswnvg.com> Kim Ng, kimmng_at_uswnvg.com writes:
>We suspected strongly that it is a memory problem, but we do not know
 what
>actually caused it. Also, once, we got the message "Assertion failed:
>(struct header *)lblk < arenaend, file malloc.c, line 445" before it went
>into infinite loop. We forced it into core dump and got 180 megabytes of
>"core" file. When we ran "dbx" on all "core" files, "malloc" seemed to be
>the last statement.
>
>Note: this core dump happened the first time when we were in the form,
 not
> after repeated call.
>
>Any hint or help would be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks

When was the last patch installed?

My experience has been that these *things* happen when there is a mismatch of libraries. We tend to have many difficulties with oracle patches and upgrade scripts which tend to leave us to manage part of the process ourselves;
therefore we may come up in a bad state.

I'd suggest you verify the last patch and re-make sqlforms(and other) binaries.

Jodi J. Showers (jshowers_at_cmi.on.ca) Received on Thu Jun 30 1994 - 15:53:32 CEST

Original text of this message