ORACLE ODBC Problems

From: Frank Green <flg_at_atlanta.dg.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 94 17:01:22 GMT

I recently picked up the new Oracle ODBC driver set via Compuserve. I installed it on my local PC and everything apparently went smoothly, However, when I attempt to use it to link from ACCESS to Oracle on the server, my world rapidly falls apart. Everything appears to go smoothly until ACCESS tries to make the actual connection and then I get the following error messages:

[Microsoft][ODBC DDL] Driver SQLSetConnectOption Failed [#0]
[Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver] Driver not capable [#0]
[Oracle][ODBC Driver][Oracle OCI] ORA-12154:TNS:Cannot resolve database
        name [#12154]

It appears to me that the first two messages are simply echoing their own versions of the real problem: I am somehow not pointing at the right database.

I am new to the world of ODBC (Oh, how I miss my punch cards) and am at a total loss as to how to procede. Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Frank Greene Received on Mon Jun 27 1994 - 19:01:22 CEST

Original text of this message