Storing Images in Oracle

From: <corcodilos_at_bms.com>
Date: 27 Jun 1994 13:22 EST

We are looking into a number of different solutions for an Imaging system. I have some questions for anyone who is utilizing ORACLE as part of an imaging solution or has knowledge of ORACLE 7.1 features, specifically read-only tablespaces on optical devices.

Questions:

  • Are you using ORACLE 7.1 ?? If so, do you have tablespaces on optical devices?
  • How does 7.1 handle tablespaces on optical juke boxes?
  • Can a tablespace span more than one platter?
  • What types of optical devices does ORACLE 7.1 support?
  • What backup strategy is required to backup these optical tablespaces?
  • How can images be moved from one tablespace (magnetic) to another tablespace (optical) easily ?

Please send any information regarding Imaging with Oracle to CORCODILOS_at_BMS.COM. I will summarize to the group if there is great interest.

Thanks,

Joanne Corcodilos

|Joanne Corcodilos      | Bristol-Myers Squibb             |corcodilos_at_bms.com|
|Database Administrator | Pharmaceutical Research Institute|                  |
|                       | Post Office Box 4000             |   609-252-6818   |
|                       | Princeton, NJ 08543              |                  |