More than one ORACLE_SID

From: PACLINK <smt_at_hk.super.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 21:21:17

Hi there,

I have asking this question for a long time, but I haven't got any answer so far, including Oracle.

We are running Oracle Version 7 on a RISC/6000 580h, and we would like to know if it's possible to have more than one ORACLE_SID, and have the data exported from one ORACLE_SID into another ORACLE_SID?

And if we create another database with a different ORACLE_SID, should we allocate another ORACLE_HOME to it and install all the Oracle products in that directory? As I have tried creating a new database with different ORACLE_SID, and found that the existing users after database creation, sys and system cannot even access the SQL*Menu...:(

PS)Please reply by mail as I don't read this newsgroups so often. I will post out the replies later.

thanks
kt Received on Mon Jun 20 1994 - 21:21:17 CEST

Original text of this message