Re: V7 with UNIX _and_ NOVELL servers

From: Struktur <crofoot_at_cs.bu.edu>
Date: 19 Jun 1994 16:42:10 GMT

Robert Agg (zhagg_at_zh014.ubs.ubs.ch) wrote:

: We are preparing to extend the availability of our application (currently running on
: a SUN under OS 4x with V7.0.15.4) to users who will have the clients on PCs and
: a NOVELL Fileserver locally.

: Does anyone have any experience with this configuration of Oracle DBs and, if so, any
: tips/hints/warnings ?

: We propose keeping Data as centrally as possible and running with snapshots on the
: Novell machines.

: Any ideas welcome - please post.

Our site is running Oracle on a Sparc 10 with all (actually most) of the clients being PC's. we have our UNIX network linked up with the Novell one through a server, and all of the clients can use a PPP program to establish a tcp/ip link to our server. We are currently using a program called win/qvtnet for the client ppp links, and I think the unix server in between the pc's and sparc 10 is runnig sun-pc.

hope this helps.

Matthew

-crofoot_at_mindlink.concorde.com

--
  *     *   informatik . Struktur . Vektor RE:Search | "With your eyes open-
   *  *                                              |  you know soft spoken