Oracle's MultiProtocol Interchange: performance

From: Max Phillips <maxp_at_netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 20:37:14 GMT

Subject: Oracle's MultiProtocol Interchange: performance Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
We have a large WAN with Windows clients talking to a AIX Oracle database server. All of the PCs are connected to a Novell LAN and run IPX/SPX. We need to decide which communications solution is best. Two choices are:

  1. Use IPX/SPX on the client side and use Oracle's MutiProtocol Interchange to talk to the TCP/IP server. (or)
  2. Run a dual stack on the PCs - TCP/IP and IPX/SPX.

My main concerns are performance and simplicity. If we can get away with running just TCP/IP on the clients, remote installation and support would be easier.
I would greatly appreciate any comments from users of Oracle's MultiProtocol Interchange.

Thanks in Advance
Max Phillips maxp_at_netcom.com

--
                                             cli_at_netcom.com