SQLSPX for Windows isn't work without NWIPXSPX.DLL

From: Michael Stowe <Michael.Stowe_at_f573.n115.z1.fidonet.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 94 08:38:11 -0500

  • Quoting Aleksej A.Timoffeev to All dated 06-10-94 ***
    > I've installed Oracle's SQLSPX 1.1.11 for Windows.
    > It require NWIPXSPX.DLL, but Oracle Server 7.0.15
    > for NetWare distributive not include this DLL.
    > I've searched it in Windows 3.1, NetWare 3.11 and 3.12,
    > W4WG 3.1 but NWIPXSPX.DLL is absent.
    > Could you tell me, where can i get this DLL ???

It -should- be in WFWG, if the network is installed correctly -- this DLL comes from Windows/Netware, not Oracle. Go to SETUP and check to ensure that you have a Novell network installed. If so, turn it off and reinstall, because it sounds like something was missed in the install, but setting the network type to Novell Netware Shell versions 3.26 and above should install NWIPXSPX.DLL. Incidentally, this component is also distributed with PCTools for Windows and the Norton Desktop for Windows.

At any rate, you should also get WINUP9 from Novell in order to ensure stability of Windows/Novell. This archive also contains NWIPXSPX.DLL. Received on Sat Jun 11 1994 - 15:38:11 CEST

Original text of this message