ORA-01403 when running PL/SQL

From: Fred Anda <Fred.Anda_at_usit.uio.no>
Date: 25 May 1994 11:10:05 GMT

We have a big problem with the error ORA-01403:

We are doing some inserts in a table containing about 200.000 records (This

seems to be a problem that occurs more often if the table is large). Before

the insertions we know that the rows do not exist.

We have an exception after the insert sentence, and the error message is ORA-01403: No data found. This is a message we thought should not occur in this context. The interesting part is that the errors often disappear on subsequent attempts, especially if all other database activities are stopped.

We use the 7.0.13.1.0 server version and PL/SQL Release 2.0.15.1.0 on a HP/UX.

HELP! Our project is two weeks late, and a large part of the education system of our country is depending on us!

Kai Quale, Fred Anda
Center for Information Technology Services University of Oslo Received on Wed May 25 1994 - 13:10:05 CEST

Original text of this message