Re: Oracle Vs Rdb performance

From: Todd Thiemann <tthieman_at_cup.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 23:12:30 GMT

Graham J Bricknell (gjb_at_zoo.bt.co.uk) wrote:
: Can anyone give pointers to references comparing the performance
: of Oracle and Rdb ? Any experiences would also be of interest.

Graham-

I think Oracle & DEC have published TPC-A benchmarks on various Alpha AXP platforms, so you could compare. I think most of the Rdb benchmarks are under VMS while the ORACLE benchmark was run under OSF/1 ... but then again my memory might be getting foggy.

Your friend at Oracle & DEC should be able to provide you with the TPC Executive Summaries.

Regards,

Todd
tthieman_at_cup.hp.com Received on Fri May 20 1994 - 01:12:30 CEST

Original text of this message