Re: Report Writer for Oracle

From: RSCary <rscary_at_aol.com>
Date: 16 May 1994 23:04:05 -0400

In article <2r7405$1pj_at_raffles.technet.sg>, limsc_at_solomon.technet.sg (Lim Suat Chiu) writes:

Hi Lim,

We've been using FOCUS for Unix to report from Oracle and as a report writer find it pretty hard to beat. The language is easy to learn and there are code generators that come with the product. One advantage for end users is that FOCUS generates the SQL for you so you don't need to learn SQL as well. If you want to use some custom SQL, however, it also provides a SQL passthrough to Oracle.

For even easier reporting, Information Builders, Inc., just released a new GUI front end to their Windows version of FOCUS. This product is called FOCUS Reporter for Windows. It is more capable and less expensive than other Windows based reporter writers we've tried.

Good luck in your search.
Scott Cary Received on Tue May 17 1994 - 05:04:05 CEST

Original text of this message