Mulit-threaded server

From: David J. Gimpelevich <davidgi_at_rossinc.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 1994 18:37:48 GMT

I am looking for information on real-life benefits and drawbacks of using Oracle7 in multi-threaded mode as opposed to dedicated process.

Oracle says that it is more memory-efficient, but won't say by how much. They also won't say why you would not want to use it.

Moreover, Oracle says that in order to use it, the client programs have to connect via SQL*Net. It is not clear to me if the pipe driver is covered by this or not.

If any netters can help, please e-mail your response. I will post a summary.

Thanks in advance.

-djg Received on Fri May 13 1994 - 20:37:48 CEST

Original text of this message